Things are moving ever so slowly on the painting front (probably best described as moving at the speed of a drunken sloth...). However, I recently took a few photos of what I have done.
Here are my 'Army' shots to date:
First Squad (Assault on Black Reach Tactical squad)
Second Squad (Battle for Macragge Tactical squad)
Sergeant's I have decided to go with the codex style of having the red helmets for the sergeants. The red is the same dark red as the fists.
Personally I am not a fan of the bare headed sergeants so I decided to attach a painted helmet on the hip of each of the sergeants and I hope to do the same thing for all the various officers as I work my way through the figures.
Right now I am finishing off two heavy bolter marines and a melta gunner, and have a plasma gunner and two more tactical marines just waiting for their final matt varnish finish.
I will try to have more regular updates unlike the time between my previous updates.
I have been a bit slack with the updates for the past few weeks. Anyway, I thought I would share some of the recent scenery additions.
The first is an old rhino that I weathered and damaged. I inherited this old RT days rhino that was very badly beat up and was painted in a horrible oil based very thick paint job. Its not the best but overall I am pretty happy with it.
The second piece of scenery is another CNC Workshop kit. A friend gave me two of the kits (thanks Pauly).