Sunday, June 27, 2010
Got the next stage done and applied a purple wash. Not 100% happy with it as it left a sort of film on the first few hulls.
The ones that look a little funny were from the first batch of Leviathan Purple I used so I am wondering if something was up with it. I was planning on weathering them anyway so it won't really matter too much.
The only thing I am tossing up at this moment is if I should do the whole hog on the weathering for the rhinos that's outlined in the Forge World Master Class book on not.
See how I go I guess as I don't know if the marine vehicles really lend to that or not.
Saturday, June 26, 2010
Well I have been putting it off for one reason or another... but I finally had a break in the weather and a bit of a high in the motivation!
Six Rhino hulls, four Razorback turrets, one whirlwind turret and a Multimelta Dreadnought all base coated with the airbrush. Huzzah!!
Phase two to begin tomorrow - starting to finish the paint jobs. Mind you...it will take a while as I am not quite sure on the scheme just yet.
Overall I found that for the Games Workshop Foundation paints, you need to cut it at about 1:1 or a bit over with Windex for it to flow nicely through the airbrush.
Didn't have a single blockage all day but I was running it at about 35psi.
Overall a nice WIN!
Friday, June 25, 2010
I am hoping to get a good session in with my airbrush this weekend since it has been a few weeks. Got no visitors and the weather is looking promising.
Anyway, in my usual wanderings of the blogosphere I came across The Tau of War. Its a really great little blog.
Anyway...what really caught my eye and was a 'OMGWTFIMUSTHAZIT!!!' moment was a angle on the Tau I have never thought of. Narn-Tau! Check out these Fire Warriors by Old Shatter Hands...
Old Shatter Hands also has a "How to" on his blog - Tau Ethereal Complete on how to paint these boys.
And here is another army shot I was looking at. I love the scheme.
Anyway, what I just loved about it was the Narn racial look (like G'Kar from Babylon 5). Anyway, I have never thought of Tau in that way and it appeals to me much more than the typical blue fish heads to the point I am going to order some Fire Warriors and think I will work on a small Tau force. :)
Here is another picture of the the bad boy again...
Even the Narn colour scheme on the ships looks great and I would be interested in having a go on the Tau tanks and/or battle suits.
Anyway...I just had to share as I was excited. :)
Thursday, June 10, 2010
I got the new Forge World Extra Armour kit cleaned up, straightened and glued onto the Land Raider - and all with only one minor stab wound from the scalpel to show for it... :)
The next stage is figuring out how to mount on the Frag Assault Launchers and this will be ready for priming and painting.
I am thinking of cutting the Frag Assault Launchers down to a block of 2x2 instead of the usual 2x3 and fitting them into the recess of the front of the extra armour. I will see how it goes I guess.
Here are a couple pictures anyway.
I will keep you posted on the Frag Assault Launchers.
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Well in two weeks after sending my email off to Forge World I had another set of extra armour for my Land Raider. Woot!
I am still in the process of cleaning it up and it will need minor straightening (completely normal) but when I compared it to my other kit it is very clear that the old one did shrink by a fair bit. I am really excited to get this baby finished so I can start the paint.
I am hoping to finish off the cleaning up tonight so I will post some pics once its all done. While I have been waiting for this kit I have managed to finish off two more fully magnetised Landspeeders, which takes me up to four now.
Once again...cheers Forge World for sorting this issue out!