Wednesday, July 28, 2010

GW Brisbane Mini-Deamon Painting Competition

I was in the Brisbane City GW Store yesterday and they will be doing a monthly mini Golden Deamon each month over the next few months.

I spoke to the manager (Marshall) and there are a couple of reasons for it...
Apparently one of them is that Golden Deamon categories are changing and chunking down a layer (i.e. Cavalry are now included in the single model category) so Marshall thought it would be a great idea to get the local gamers to try their hand at each of the categories each month.

The Brisbane City store will be having a Deamon oriented one for August (due to the new releases I guess) and then will be looking at the various GD categories. The intention is to have a few to be entered into the next big show form the store entries and generally foster some more ‘community’ interaction.

This is great, as I have been suggesting a monthly painting/conversion competition for some time to the manager for no other reason to help give me an incentive. Yes it is a bit selfish...but you get that. :)

Anyway here are the details from the flyer:

Brisbane Mini-Demon
Paint any Deamon or Demon-Slayer model this month to enter this month’s mini-demon.
Your entry can be a single model from either Warhammer or Warhammer 40,000.

Entries must be in by 10pm Saturday 28th August


Anyway I have 4 weeks to get my entry in.

It has been a long time personal goal of mine to actually enter one. Heck I would be over the moon just to make it to round 2!!!

For the August entry I was thinking of entering in a Terminator Librarian with Storm Shield and Force-spear (made from a DA power sword and cut down Force Staff). He will also have to have his Terminator Armour Helmet somewhere on his person as well. I was going to remove the head and place a helmet in...but I do like painting faces as well.

Here is the super early picture of him with the bits I intend on using.



I will keep you posted on the progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin