Sunday, July 25, 2010

WiP: Thunder Hammer/Storm Shield Squad & The Thunder Bubble Army List

Hi Guys,

I got stuck into my Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield squad over the weekend. Well... I got some done but need to place another order to Forge World for some more Crimson Fist Terminator Shoulder pads. Anyway, here is a picture of what I got done. This squad will be the next unit I will paint up and finish right through to completion, as I need to get them onto the table top as soon as I can.



I decided to pin the Storm Shield arms so I can take them off later to make life a bit easier when it comes to paint them. I still need to make three more terminators up for the squad, and work on the bases of the completed ones to add debris (pipes/metal etc) to make them fit a bit better with Sergeant from Space Hulk - Sergeant Gideon.



I magnetised the base for Sergeant Gideon so I can use him for both Space Hulk and 40k. He will still need a bit of 'sand' on the base yet but I have added some plates, guitar wire, pipes and a few bits from the GW Basing Kit for detail. Here is a picture of the base separated.



My plan is to get all the Space Hulk Terminators done this way...but well...you know me...as fast as a wounded sloth. I really love the Space Hulk Terminators and want to include them in my Crimson Fist army. I will be removing some of the Blood Angels bits and bobs, but I decided to leave Gideon's details on. I will just paint the 'blood drops' as 'tear drops' or something. Either way...the model is great and I want to see him in play more often rather than just in Space Hulk. I figure he can lead the other combat squad in my army.

I have been a bit scatter-brained of late with my modelling & painting (or lack there of) so I gave myself some focus. I want to get my version of the Thunder Bubble Army finished before I go overseas in 8 weeks. Its a bit of an ask but I can try anyway. This is the list I plan on building and running for a bit.



2000 Pts - Space Marines Roster - Thunder Bubble

HQ: Space Marine Librarian (100 pts)
1 Space Marine Librarian (Null Zone; The Gate of Infinity)
1 ...in Power Armour (Bolt Pistol; Force Weapon)


Elite: Terminator Assault Squad (400 pts)
9 Terminator Assault Squad @ 400 pts (Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield x9;)
1 Sergeant (Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield x1;)

Elite: Dreadnought (125 pts)
1 Dreadnought (Twin Linked Autocannon; Twin Linked Autocannon)

Elite: Dreadnought (125 pts)
1 Dreadnought (Twin Linked Autocannon; Twin Linked Autocannon)


Troops: Tactical Squad (175 pts)
4 Tactical Squad (Bolter x4;)
1 Sergeant (Combi-Flamer x1;)
1 Razorback (Lascannon and TL Plasmagun)

Troops: Tactical Squad (170 pts)
4 Tactical Squad (Bolter x4;)
1 Sergeant (Bolter; Melta Bombs;)
1 Razorback (Lascannon and TL Plasmagun)

Troops: Tactical Squad (165 pts)
4 Tactical Squad (Bolter x4;)
1 Sergeant (Bolter;)
1 Razorback (Unit Lascannon and TL Plasmagun)

Troops: Tactical Squad (165 pts)
4 Tactical Squad (Bolter x4;)
1 Sergeant (Bolter;)
1 Razorback (Unit Lascannon and TL Plasmagun)


Fast Attack: Land Speeder Squadron (140 pts)
2 Land Speeder Squadron (Multi-Melta x2; Heavy Flamer x2;)

Fast Attack: Land Speeder Squadron (90 pts)
1 Land Speeder Squadron (Unit Heavy Bolter x1; Typhoon Missile Launcher x1;)

Fast Attack: Land Speeder Squadron (90 pts)
1 Land Speeder Squadron (Unit Heavy Bolter x1; Typhoon Missile Launcher x1;)


Heavy Support: Predator (85 pts)
1 Predator (Autocannon; Heavy Bolter (each side))

Heavy Support: Predator (85 pts)
1 Predator (Autocannon; Heavy Bolter (each side))

Heavy Support: Predator (85 pts)
1 Predator (Autocannon; Heavy Bolter (each side))



This is a list that I have put together with some help from Kirby over at 3++ is the New Black. Kirby's version of the Thunder Bubble list (LINKY) packs AC/Las Predators but I am still in love with my Dakka Predators (and need more parts to make Las Predators anyway). My local play group consists of Orks and Tyranids so the extra anti-personal fire power helps.

Previously I was running a Crusader and only 5 TH/SS Terminators but Kirby and the other guys on his blog did have a good point about one rock unit being easy to counter... so now I have a 3++ screen in front of my gun line. I hope it will run a bit better now. I just need to get some games in to see how it goes. At least with the Librarian I can gate them around if I need to get somewhere in a hurry. :)

Anyway, that's what I got done this weekend. Just thought I would share. :)


PS - I edited the blog as I noticed I let a few grammar errors. Sorry guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin